us remind you that there are no therapists in the forums/lists or chats
with Hope For Healing.Org. We respectfully request
that you call a hotline, seek help from a rape crisis center or a private
therapist if you feel you need or would benefit from professional help, if
you have any thoughts of or are remotely considering suicide.
By using the website and all associated chat rooms that are a
part of Hope For Healing.Org you are indicating that you are 18 or older
and have read and agree to follow the guidelines below. You also agree to
hold harmless all people involved with Hope for Healing.Org in any
capacity as volunteers or paid staff. You further agree to read and adhere
to the following guidelines:
My hat is off to all the volunteers who give their time to help make
Hope For Healing.Org the oasis of hope that it is. We are all better off
for the support of others and especially these great people!
If you choose to use any of our forums you agree to take
responsibility for your own actions and your own healing. We are simply
survivors helping survivors. We offer peer-based support.
Here's a few things to clear up any misunderstandings
and generally make life easier. Most of it's just the common sense stuff
we've followed for the past few years only now it's written down.
To make it easier for anyone who has a question, problem with
another member, security idea, or anything else that you want to discuss,
contact us at the email address here:
Guidelines for General Use of Website, Forums, Groups and Chats
1. What is said in the room stays in the room.
2. No one can delete members except moderators and managers.
3. Posting open lists to the board will not work and such lists will
be deleted as they are discovered. If you want to post about your list
email us first. The same goes for surveys.
4. The support forums, groups & clubs are not private. They will not be
made private except for very rare circumstances. At all times, please keep
in mind that this is the internet and behave accordingly.
5. If someone finds a member to have a profile that you feel is
questionable email the moderators or founder. This does not mean the
member will be automatically deleted.
6. Deletions are between Hope For Healing.Org and the member deleted.
We do not share information on why except to that member.
7. Posts must be on topic. If you are posting something that may
trigger another member please remember to put "TW" or "tw" in the subject
line. This will allow the member to be be better able to avoid the post if
they feel the need.
8. Inspirational messages may be posted if the member posting says how
the message relates to healing. Postings of "email this to everyone" and
email forwards and other messages will be deleted.
9. If you are suicidal, we respectfully ask that you call a hotline
such as: 1.800. suicide or email the Samaritans from their url:
Please note: If you are suicidal
we will do our best to notify your local law enforcement through your ISP
or other means so you may get the help you deserve & need.
10. No disrespect towards others.
This includes using all caps, lurking, flaming, failing to keep "littles"
under control, beginning or participating in a verbal barrage against
another person, 'researching', using triggering language after being asked
to stop or "playing games" in the chat rooms or any other situation
defined by the moderators or forum management to be offensive.
11. If you have an issue with another person or the founder, use
email, not the boards. Messages violating this rule will be deleted.
12. Posting or copying of other members' emails may not be done without
permission of the person writing the original email. (This is a copyright
violation and you can be sued.)
13. Messages may be removed at the discretion of the founder or
14. The decision of the founder is final.
15. Members violating these guidelines are subject to disciplinary
action. That may include any or all of the following: being locked out,
gagged, removed or deleted - according to the forum capability - and (as a
last resort) they may have a complaint filed against them to their ISP,
email provider and chat/forum service provider.
16. Please refrain from posting personal phone numbers or addresses in
any of the forums.
17. No messages regarding hospitalizations or attacks are to be posted
without supporting, verifiable information being first provided to forum
moderators or owners. This information will be kept strictly confidential
among the moderators &/or owners. Violators will be subject to possible
removal and post deletion.
18. All messages must pertain to the person writing them. Posts such as
"I'm posting for" or "______ asked me to post for them." or "update on so
and so" may be removed.
Hope for Healing.Org is not responsible for content posted by
During 2002 an estimated 4 million people accessed the Hope For
Healing.Org site, forums and message boards. In, 2004 we received over 9+
million hits. Always keep in mind that the information you post can be
viewed by anyone. Please do not post personal identifying information such
as phone numbers, addresses or work email addresses. We will not be
responsible for information posted (except when posted by staff of Hope
For Healing.Org). Further, we will not be responsible for anything that
results from anyone using information posted in such a manner. By
accessing our forums, sites, board or infomration you agree to indemnify
and hold harmless Hope for Healing.Org, our board of directors, staff,
volunteers and associates.